Unified storage has been a popular approach to storage subsystems that consolidates both file access and block access within a single external array. This technology validation focuses on measuring the efficiency and management simplicity by comparing two industry leading mid-range external storage arrays configured in the use case of unified storage.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Dell XC Web-scale Converged Appliances powered by Nutanix software are delivered as a series of HyperConverged models that are extremely flexible and scalable. In this solution brief we will examine what constitutes a dynamic virtualized environment and how the Dell XC Web-scale Appliance series fits into such an environment.
In this report we’ll explore some of the IT admin’s common performance challenges and then examine how Galileo Performance Explorer with its cloud-hosted collection and analysis helps conquer them.
Technology BriefWe recently had a chance to see how well an AFA using EMC PowerPath driver works to eliminate this bottleneck—and we were blown away. Most comparisons with datacenter infrastructure show a 10-30% improvement in performance; but, the performance improvement that we saw with PowerPath was extraordinary.
- 01/05/15 | Scale Computing Field Report
- 01/01/15 | Free Report: Galileo’s Cross-Domain Insight Served via Cloud
- 01/01/15 | EMC PowerPath: Optimized IO Multipathing for All Flash Arrays
- 12/16/14 | Dell XC Web-Scale Hyperconverged Series: A Solution for your Most Dynamic Virtualized Environments
- 01/28/15 | Quantum StorNext adds Q-Cloud as AWS archiving tier
- 01/26/15 | Quantum bringing public cloud into virtual storage fold
- 01/14/15 | Tom Fenton | 5 Ways the Sanbolic Acquisition Could Change Citrix
- 01/13/15 | Mike Matchett | Make this your most modern IT year yet
- 01/27/15 | Christine Taylor | Unitrends’ Home Run: Flash in an (Affordable) Backup Appliance
- 01/21/15 | Mike Matchett | A new gen for NexGen?
Resources & Events
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 03/11/15 | Mike Matchett, Senior Analyst, Taneja Group | Vendor Panel: How to Avoid Drowning in your Big Data Lake
- 01/22/15 | Mike Matchett, Taneja Group; Kevin Powell, IBM FlashSystem; Srinath Alapati, NetApp; Eric Herzog, Violin Memory | Vendor Panel: The Efficient Data Center - Will It Be All-Flash Based?
- 02/03/15 | VMware Partner Exchange 2015 | Moscone West, San Francisco