In April and May 2015, Taneja Group surveyed eleven storage vendors to understand how each was implementing VVols in their storage arrays. This survey consisted of 32 questions that explored what storage array features were exported to vSphere 6, how VMs were provisioned and managed.
Storage should be the most reliable thing in the data center, not the least. What data centers today need is enterprise storage that affordably delivers at least 7-9’s of reliability, at scale. In this report we will look at what we mean by 7-9’s exactly, and what’s really needed to provide 7-9’s of availability for storage.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Product in Depth
Unitrends has launched a compelling new version of Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB): Release 9.0. Its completely revamped user interface and experience significantly reduces management overhead and lets even new users easily perform sophisticated functions using the redesigned dashboard.
Taneja Group’s latest multi-client sponsored research study addresses the relatively young and rapidly evolving market for storage acceleration and performance solutions in the enterprise. The 70-page research report features results from 694 completed online surveys, plus in-depth discussions with 9 selected enterprise participants.
OpinionQuestions apply across the board when flash is injected into storage arrays but even more so when you consider all-flash arrays (AFAs). In this Opinion piece we will focus on answering these questions broadly through the data protection lens. We will then look at a specific case of how data protection can be designed with flash in mind.
2/10 @ 12pm ET: Join Cohesity and Taneja Group Founder and Consulting Analyst, Arun Taneja, as they discuss the new release of the industry's first hyperconverged secondary storage platform for consolidating silos of backup, test/dev, file services and analytics into a single, easy to manage storage solution.
- 01/15/16 | The HPE Solution to Backup Complexity and Scale: HPE Data Protector and StoreOnce
- 01/14/16 | Nutanix Versus VCE: Web-Scale Versus Converged Infrastructure in the Real World
- 12/22/15 | Full Database Protection Without the Full Backup Plan: Oracle’s Cloud-Scaled Zero Data Loss Recovery
- 12/21/15 | Array Efficient, VM-Centric Data Protection: HPE Data Protector and 3PAR StoreServ
- 02/01/16 | Datrium DVX storage takes novel approach for VMware, flash
- 02/01/16 | Amazon EFS stuck in beta, lacks native Windows support
- 02/03/16 | Christine Taylor | Setting the Stage for Storage Innovation
- 02/02/16 | Jim Whalen | Evaluating Data Protection for Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- 02/02/16 | Arun Taneja | Taneja Group Predictions for 2016 – Arun Taneja, #2 UPDATE
- 01/29/16 | Arun Taneja | Taneja Group Predictions for 2016 – Arun Taneja, #3
Resources & Events
- 07/14/15 | | Storage Acceleration and Performance Technologies Survey
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey (closed)
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 02/10/16 | Arun Taneja, Taneja Group;Nick Howell, Cohesity | Hyperconvergence comes to Secondary Storage
- 01/26/16 | Jeff Kato, Taneja Group; Sachin Chheda, Nutanix | Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Demanding Enterprise Workloads