The age of the software defined datacenter and converged infrastructure is upon us. The benefits of running compute, storage and networking functions together on shared commodity hardware brings flexibility to the datacenter. The shift caused by software-defined storage and networking may prove to be greater than the shift to virtualized servers during the last decade.
The massive trend to virtualize servers has brought great benefits to IT data centers everywhere, but other domains of IT infrastructure have been challenged to likewise evolve. Software-Defined Storage (SDS) provides a new approach to making better use of storage resources in the virtual environment.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Enterprise IT practitioners are soon going to have to operate scale-out computing platforms in the production data center - Hadoop is the likely target. There's a plethora of Hadoop infrastructure options to choose from to fit almost every big data need – the challenge for IT is to implement the best solutions for their business client needs.
The promise of a software-defined strategy is a virtualized data center created from compute, network and storage building blocks. In this paper, Taneja Group takes an in-depth look at the capital expenditure (CapEx) savings that can be achieved by creating a state-of-the-art Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Technology ValidationSolid-state technologies have allowed new comers as well as established storage vendors to start shaping up cost effective and highly efficient storage solutions that unlock greater storage performance. Taneja Group Labs turned to a hands-on Technology Validation to examine just how well server-side caching solutions might fair in real world use.
- 10/16/14 | Field Report: Nutanix vs. VCE - Web-Scale Vs. Converged Infrastructure in the Real World
- 10/16/14 | HP ConvergedSystem: Altering Business Efficiency and Agility with Integrated Systems
- 10/13/14 | Massively Scalable, Intrinsically Simple: Tintri’s Low TCO for the Virtualized Data Center
- 10/01/14 | Scale Computing HC3 And VMware Virtual SAN Hyperconverged Solutions - Head to Head
- 10/21/14 | Connected Data Transporter moves file sharing to private cloud
- 10/20/14 | What’s the Cost to Your Business of Not Using Flash Storage?
- 10/08/14 | Tom Fenton | Explaining Virtualization to Your Mom in 5 Easy Steps
- 10/06/14 | Arun Taneja | Legacy vendors seek better footing in shifting storage landscape
- 10/21/14 | Mike Matchett | Connected Data Brings Transporter to Businesses With Genesis Appliance
- 10/16/14 | Mike Matchett | BlueData: Big Data Analysis Clouds on Enterprise Data Where it Already Lives
Resources & Events
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 10/16/14 | Founder & Consulting Analyst Arun Taneja, Taneja Group; Founder & CTO Kelly Murphy, Gridstore | Why Hyper-Convergence is Invading the Data Center [West]
- 10/16/14 | Founder & Consulting Analyst Arun Taneja, Taneja Group; Founder & CTO Kelly Murphy, Gridstore | Why Hyper-Convergence is Invading the Data Center [East]
- 11/03/14 | Storage Decisions 2014 | New York Hilton Midtown