Market Landscape Profile
Software Storage Solutions for Virtualization
Storage has long been a major source of operational and architectural challenges for IT practitioners, but today these challenges are most felt in the virtual infrastructure. While VI has made IT entirely more agile and adaptable than ever before, storage still depends upon digital bits that are permanently stored on a physical device somewhere within the data center.
Taneja Group Technology Validation Webinar on Tintri VMstore OnDemand now!
Join Jeff Boles and Tintri experts in this technical webinar as they discuss the results of the recently concluded technology validation of Tintri VMstore. The discussion also covers best practices for performance and data protection of storage infrastructure.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, to Storage, Server Virtualization, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection companies of all sizes but especially to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Abstract: Enterprise Hadoop Infrastructure for Big Data IT
The competitive advantage that can be gained from analyzing big data is just too “big” to ignore. It’s clear that enterprise IT practitioners everywhere are soon going to have to operate scale-out computing platforms in the production data center, and being the first, most mature solution on the scene, Hadoop is the likely target. The good news is that there is now a plethora of Hadoop infrastructure options to choose from to fit almost every practical big data need – the challenge now for IT is to implement the best solutions for their business client needs.
Storage That Turns Big Data into a Bigger Asset: Data Defined Storage with Tarmin GridBank
Tarmin, with its GridBank Data Management Platform, is a leading proponent of the data centric approach. It is firmly focused on managing data for global accessibility, protection and strategic value. In this product profile, we’ll explore how a data centric approach drives business value. We’ll then examine how GridBank was architected expressly around the concept that data storage should be a means for extracting business value from that data, not as a dead-end data dump.
Tintri VMstore: Zero Management Storage
Taneja Group recently had the opportunity to put Tintri’s VMstore array through a hands-on exercise, to see for ourselves whether there’s mileage to be had from a virtualization-specific storage solution. Without doubt, there is clear merit to Tintri’s approach. A virtualization specific storage system can reinvent a broad range of storage management interactions – by being VM-aware – and fundamentally alter the complexity of the virtual infrastructure for the better.
- 02/17/14 | Storage That Turns Big Data Into a Bigger Asset: Data-Defined Storage With Tarmin GridBank
- 02/05/14 | Accelerating the VM with FlashSoft: Software-Driven Flash-Caching for the Virtual Infrastructure
- 01/03/14 | Software Storage Solutions for Virtualization
- 12/20/13 | Tintri VMstore: Zero Management Storage (TVS)
- 02/28/14 | Atlantis ILIO moves into hyper-converged storage
- 02/18/14 | Tokutek Eliminates Performance Issues of MongoDB Sharding With TokuMX v1.4
- 03/03/14 | Jeff Boles | Storage for virtual servers getting smarter
- 02/28/14 | Mike Matchett | External storage might make sense for Hadoop
- 02/13/14 | Jeff Byrne | Impressions from PEX 2014
- 02/10/14 | Mike Matchett | HP Vertica Goes Hadoop on MapR’s Read Write Infrastructure
Resources & Events
- 02/04/13 | Jeff Byrne | Cloud data access: Transfer, retrieval not so simple
- 12/19/12 | Arun Taneja | Expert Podcast: How to evaluate a cloud gateway appliance
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 02/04/14 | Jeff Boles | Taneja Group Technology Validation Webinar on Tintri VMstore
- 01/30/14 | Moderator: Jeff Boles | Vendor Panel: Backup and Archiving in the Age of the Cloud