When Qumulo approached us to take a look at the world’s first data-aware, scale-out enterprise-grade storage system we welcomed the opportunity. Qumulo's new data-aware, scale-out NAS file system is designed to take advantage of the latest advances in technology. We were interested in finding out how this file system would work in today’s data center.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Oracle FS1 is a highly engineered SAN storage system with key capabilities that set it apart from other all-flash storage systems, including built in QoS management that incorporates business priorities, best-practices provisioning, and a storage alignment capability that is application aware.
Conventional wisdom would have IT simply move data to the cloud. But conventional wisdom is mistaken. The problem is not how to store all of that data – IT can solve that problem with a cloud subscription. The problem is that once stored, IT lacks the tools to intelligently manage that data where it resides.
Technology BriefWe evaluated an AFA using EMC PowerPath driver working to eliminate a bottleneck—and we were blown away. Most comparisons with datacenter infrastructure show a 10-30% improvement in performance, but the improvement that we saw with PowerPath was extraordinary.
- 05/14/15 | Qumulo Core: Data-Aware Scale-Out NAS Software (Product Profile)
- 05/07/15 | HP ConvergedSystem: Solution Positioning for HP ConvergedSystem Hyper-Converged Products
- 04/30/15 | Dell XC Web-Scale Hyperconverged Series: A Solution for your Most Dynamic Virtualized Environments
- 04/30/15 | EMC PowerPath: Optimized IO Multipathing for All Flash Arrays
- 05/22/15 | Load DynamiX adds workload modeling to storage performance tool
- 05/20/15 | What’s In A Number?
- 05/20/15 | Mike Matchett | Data aware storage yields insights into business info
- 05/01/15 | Jeff Kato | It’s time to shift from data-dumb to data-aware storage
- 05/14/15 | Mike Matchett | CTERA 5.0 Cloud Gateway Embeds File Sync and Share Services
- 05/14/15 | Mike Matchett | EMC Releases ViPR into the Wild - Storage Controllers for Everyone!
Resources & Events
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey (closed)
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 05/21/15 | Moderator: Tom Fenton, Taneja Group; David Bailey, Qumulo | How to store 10 BILLION files
- 05/14/15 | Moderator: Tom Fenton, Taneja Group; David Glynn, Dell Storage | Dell’s Implementation of VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols)