In April and May 2015, Taneja Group surveyed eleven storage vendors to understand how each was implementing VVols in their storage arrays. This survey consisted of 32 questions that explored what storage array features were exported to vSphere 6, how VMs were provisioned and managed.
In this report, we examine first why HPE StoreOnce and Data Protector products are truly game changing in their own rights. Then, we will look at why they get “better together” as a complete BURA solution that can be more flexibly deployed to meet backup challenges than any other solution in the market today.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Flash storage offers higher performance, lower power consumption, decreased footprint and increased reliability over spinning media. In this insightful field report we’ve interviewed a half dozen real-world IT storage groups who overcame CAPEX and OPEX challenges with HPE 3PAR StoreServ.
Taneja Group’s latest multi-client sponsored research study addresses the relatively young and rapidly evolving market for storage acceleration and performance solutions in the enterprise. The 70-page research report features results from 694 completed online surveys, plus in-depth discussions with 9 selected enterprise participants.
Product ProfileIn this report, we briefly review why conventional data protection approaches based on the backup window are fast becoming obsolete. Then we look into how Oracle has designed the new Recovery Appliance to provide a unique approach to ensuring data protection in real-time, at scale, for thousands of databases and PBs of data.
- 03/31/16 | The Hyperconverged Data Center: Nutanix Customers Explain Why They Replaced Their EMC SANS
- 03/30/16 | Cohesity Data Platform: Hyperconverged Secondary Storage
- 02/24/16 | The Mainstream Adoption of All-Flash Storage: HPE Customers Show How Everyone Can Leverage Flash
- 02/01/16 | Transforming the Data Center: SimpliVity Delivers Hyperconverged Platform with Native DP
- 05/03/16 | Scale Computing Radically Changes Price-Performance in the Datacenter with Fully Automated Flash
- 05/02/16 | Virtual Instruments Debuts WorkloadCentral, Free Cloud-based Workload Analysis
- 04/27/16 | Mike Matchett | Evaluating hyper-converged architectures: Five key CIO considerations
- 04/20/16 | Mike Matchett | CI and disaggregated server tech can converge after all
- 04/27/16 | Jeff Byrne | IBM Launches Storage Solutions Optimized for Hybrid Cloud and Big Data Analytics
- 04/24/16 | Mike Matchett | Diamanti Reveals Hyperconverged Scale-out Appliances for Containers
Resources & Events
- 04/19/16 | | Data protection in the cloud
- 07/14/15 | | Storage Acceleration and Performance Technologies Survey
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 05/04/16 | Jim Whalen, Taneja Group; Unitrends | New Rules for Recovery: Setting Expectations for Today’s Continuity Platforms
- 04/20/16 | Mike Matchett, Sr. Analyst & Consultant, Taneja Group | Practical Datacenter IT For The Deluge of IoT