Big Data Landscape
Abstract: Market Landscape Report: Enterprise Hadoop Infrastructure for Big Data IT
Hadoop is coming to enterprise IT in a big way. The competitive advantage that can be gained from analyzing big data is just too "big" to ignore. And the amount of data available to crunch is only growing bigger. This 20-page report focuses on why enterprise IT management must pay attention to Hadoop and how they should go about making a decision of what products and services to consider. Download the abstract below.
Big Data Storage Options for Enterprise Hadoop on 12/10 @ 10am PT
Mike Matchett will briefly review the storage architecture of Hadoop and HDFS, and then examine some of the more prominent big data storage options for enterprises with data protection, integration, and governance concerns that might lead them to choose an advanced SAN/NAS solution over the default local DAS design.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, to Storage, Server Virtualization, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection companies of all sizes but especially to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Analyst Opinion: Glassbeam SCALAR - Making Sense Of the Internet Of Things
In this new era of big data, sensors can be included in almost everything made. This “Internet Of Things” generates mountains of new data with exciting potential to be turned into invaluable information. The key to gaining value from this “Internet Of Things” is the ability to make sense out of the kind of big data that it generates. Glassbeam SCALAR delivers a new approach to getting value out of large histories of multi-structured data streams.
Taneja Group Multi-Client Study (MCS) on
Taneja Group’s latest multi-client sponsored research study addresses the young and rapidly evolving market for storage acceleration and performance solutions. This study provides vendor sponsors with key insights into the current uptake and usage of storage acceleration and performance technologies, along with user-perceived value of key features and capabilities. Download the abstract to learn more.
EMC Avamar 7: Protecting Data at Scale in the Virtual Data Center
EMC Avamar has long claimed to address backup a little differently, and they’ve claimed this difference provides a tremendous advantage in the backup and recovery of the virtual infrastructure. With this claim in mind, we set out to take a deeper look. We did this by way of an in-depth examination of Avamar, hands-on time with the product in a virtualized test lab, and a brief review of Avamar operating in a large-scale environment. What did we find that most clearly stood out as unique advantages over data protection alternatives?
- 11/27/13 | Hybrid Cloud Storage: Extending the Storage Infrastructure for Major Cost Savings
- 10/21/13 | Glassbeam SCALAR: Making Sense of the Internet of Things
- 10/03/13 | Enterprise Online Backup: What Administrators need to know
- 10/01/13 | Market Landscape Abstract: Enterprise Hadoop Infrastructure for Big Data IT
- 12/12/13 | Hot data storage technologies for 2014
- 12/09/13 | OCZ bankruptcy may yet ignite bidding war
- 12/04/13 | Mike Matchett | 5 Ways Storage Is Evolving
- 10/31/13 | Mike Matchett | How the future of data storage will stack up
- 11/25/13 | Jeff Byrne | EMC XtremIO – Set to Give All-Flash Arrays a Much-Needed Boost
- 10/23/13 | Jeff Byrne | With Desktone Acquisition, VMware Moves Definitively from VDI to DaaS
Resources & Events
- 02/04/13 | Jeff Byrne | Cloud data access: Transfer, retrieval not so simple
- 12/19/12 | Arun Taneja | Expert Podcast: How to evaluate a cloud gateway appliance
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 10/30/13 | | Addressing Cloud Adoption Barriers
- 10/24/13 | Founder & Consulting Analyst Arun Taneja | Condusiv Lunch & Learn Webinar: Why Hardware for VM Performance Should be Your 2nd Option